What is Android Auto/Apple CarPlay?
This function helps you to use your smartphone safely and easily while driving. Various functions of a smartphone can be used in media System (Navigation, Phone, Music and etc.)
When you connect to Android Auto, or Apple CarPlay, you will see Android Auto, or Apple CarPlay on the screen.
Supported functions and methods of operation may vary by company model.
Please refer to the below web site for more information.
- Android Auto is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Apple CarPlay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
- Android Auto, is a registered trademark of Car Connectivity Consortium LLC.
- Please use the latest OS or iOS to use Apple CarPlay If you do not use the latest version, it may not be recognized or your phone may malfunction.
- If your phone's battery is low, it may not be recognized. Please use it after charging.
- If your mobile phone is down due to its own defect, please reboot the phone.
- Repeatedly connecting and disconnecting a USB cable to the device within a short time may cause malfunction of the mobile phone or device.
- The time it takes to recognize may differ depending on the type of mobile phone, firmware, and the version of OS or iOS.
- Please use a genuine cable as there is a possibility of noise and malfunction when you use a non-genuine cable.
- If you operate your mobile phone at random with or Apple CarPlay enabled, it may not work properly.
- When connected to Apple CarPlay during Bluetooth call on iPhone, it will switch to Apple CarPlay Call if it is the same iPhone.
- If you have a problem with your mobile phone, Android Auto, or Apple CarPlay may not work properly.
- When you use Android Auto, or Apple CarPlay, a service fee can be charged to you.
※ If you have a problem with your mobile phone, you may encounter the following problems.
- [Android Auto]
- A black screen may appear intermittently when entering Android Auto
- It might not be able to distinguish the mobile phones that support Android Auto from those that do not support Android Auto
- Some parts on the screen are displayed black due to an APP error
- [Apple CarPlay]
- A black screen may appear intermittently when entering Apple CarPlay
- Black screen is displayed when switching screens in Apple CarPlay
- Audio volume cannot be adjusted depending on the status of a connected mobile phone
- When you disconnect Apple CarPlay during an Apple CarPlay call, you cannot hear the call on your mobile phone.
If your mobile phone does not work after the normal connection, please check it first. And try to connect again after rebooting if necessary.
Using Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
- To connect your mobile phone to the USB port, use a genuine Apple USB cable for Apple CarPlay, and use a standard USB cable for Android Auto.
- Select [Android Auto], or [Apple CarPlay] on the Home Screen.
- You can use the features such as Navigation, Music, Phone, etc, provided by Android Auto, or Apple CarPlay.
Reference - Android Auto
- When Android Auto is connected, Bluetooth Audio is not available. To use Bluetooth Audio, disconnect the USB cable before using.
- Android Auto does not support the feature of searching for files with the [TUNE/FILE] button.
- If Android Auto is not working properly after its connection, please check below.
- Checking if there is an error in your mobile phone's App Settings.
- Checking if your mobile phone is running Android Auto.
- Checking if Android Auto is properly checked in [Phone Projection] settings.
- If Android Auto does not work properly after reconnecting, please refer to the Android Auto Web Site. ()
- If your mobile phone is not connected to the Internet, Android Auto may not work properly.
- Please refer to the following websites to check the available countries for the [Android Auto]. ()
- After checking Android Auto available countries, download and use the app.
- By displaying the screen provided by the mobile phone on the infotainment system, the screen and function may be changed according to Google's policy.
- For more information, visit the Google website. ()
Reference - Apple CarPlay
- When Apple CarPlay is connected, Bluetooth feature is not available. To use Bluetooth feature, disconnect the USB cable before using.
- Apple CarPlay does not support the feature of searching for files with the [TUNE/FILE] button.
- If Apple CarPlay is not working properly after its connection, please check below.
- Check if Apple CarPlay connection is blocked on iPhone App settings
- Checking if Apple Carplay is properly checked in [Phone Projection Settings]
- If Apple CarPlay does not work properly after reconnecting, please refer to the Apple Web Site. ()