General Information on Navigation
Precautions for Safety
- Operation of navigation may interfere the attention to the front while driving and cause a traffic accident. Therefore, Do not operate the device while driving.
- Do not view the navigation continuously while driving. May cause a traffic accident.
- Complies with the actual traffic regulations when driving. Driving only by the navigation guide may result a violation of the actual traffic regulations and cause a traffic accident.
- Some features are not operated while driving due to the safety.
- Some information of roads, locations or facilities may be missed or fail for updates.
- The route specified to guide to the destination is to reference to the surrounding area of destination. The rough is not necessarily the shortest or fastest route or a route with not traffic jam.
- The vehicle location can be marked on a spot different from the actual spot. The vehicle location can be marked inaccurately due to conditions of the satellites or the vehicle (driving area and/or others). Also, driving on a new road or a road of data different from the actual form may result inaccurate marks on the vehicle location. However, in case of a temporary inaccurate marking, continuous driving may correct the position automatically is a short time period by using Map Matching or GPS Information. (Some cases may take several minutes.)
- This system displays the current position by using GPS Information, various sensors, road maps and others. However, if the satellite signal accuracies are degraded or only the waves from two satellites are received, some errors can be resulted.
- Set the volume in an adequate level when driving. May cause a traffic accident.
- Voice guidance may inaccurate for the actual condition. Therefore, drive the vehicles complying with the actual traffic regulations.
A feature that marks the vehicle on the most suitable road by comparing with the current location information acquired by using GPS information and others and the roads driven until now.
GPS (Global Positioning System: Global Positioning System is a navigation system that checks the current location (Longitude and Latitude) of user using 4 or more, or some times 3 satellites. This navigation system is applied along with GPS information and various sensors and road maps for negation.
Information on roads, locations, facilities and fees may differ from actual conditions at the time of map data update.
The tollgate fares advised according to the policy of Korea Highway Corporation may differ from the actual prices. (Weekend Surcharges/High-Pass Discounts, etc.)
When GPS Information is not available
In the following cases, GPS Information may not be available.
- The satellite signals are interfered or blocked by buildings and/or tunnels.
- The satellite signals are interfered or blocked by objects placed on the GPS antenna.
- The satellite stops transmitting the signal (the satellites are controlled by the tracking control center in the U.S.A. and, sometimes, stop transmitting the signals due to improvement or repair).