Using phone projection
What is Android Auto/Apple CarPlay?
This function helps you to use your smart phone safely and easily while driving.
Various functions of a smart phone can be used in media system. (Navigation, Phone, Music and etc.)
When you connect to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, you will see Android Auto or Apple CarPlay on the screen.
Supported functions and methods of operation may vary by company model.
Please refer to the below web site for more information.
- Android Auto is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Apple CarPlay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are unavailable if the phone OS is not the latest version or if the phone cannot be recognized due to a shutdown caused by a failure or defect in the device itself.
- Your phone may not be recognized if its battery is low. Charge your phone then try again.
- If your phone is shut down due to a defect in the device itself, reset your phone and try again.
- If the USB cable of the Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay device is repeatedly disconnected and reconnected in a short period of time, the phone may malfunction. This can also cause a device failure.
- The device recognition time may differ depending on the device type and firmware/OS version.
- Using the USB cable that came with the phone is recommended. (Using a non-genuine product may cause noise or malfunction.)
- Normal operations cannot be guaranteed if the phone is arbitrarily manipulated while Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is active.
- Android Auto or Apple CarPlay may not operate normally due to mobile phone issues.
- Carrier charges may apply when using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
- Some features may not operate normally according to the version of iOS and Android.
※ If you have a problem with your mobile phone, you may encounter the following problems.
- Android Auto
- A black screen may appear intermittently when entering Android Auto.
- It might not be able to distinguish the mobile phones that support Android Auto from those that do not support Android Auto.
- Some parts on the screen are displayed black due to an APP error.
- Apple CarPlay
- A black screen may appear intermittently when entering Apple CarPlay.
- Black screen is displayed when switching screens in Apple CarPlay.
- Audio volume cannot be adjusted depending on the status of a connected mobile phone.
- When you disconnect Apple CarPlay during an Apple CarPlay call, you cannot hear the call on your mobile phone.
If services do not work properly due to problems similar to the specified above, check your phone, and if necessary, reconnect your phone after restarting.
Using Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
- To connect your mobile phone to the USB port, use a genuine Apple USB cable for Apple CarPlay, and use a standard USB cable for Android Auto.
- Press [Android Auto] or [Apple CarPlay] on the home screen.
- You can use the features such as navigation, music, phone, etc, provided by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
Precautions - Android Auto
- When Android Auto is connected, Bluetooth audio is not available.
- To use Bluetooth audio, disconnect the USB cable before using.
- If Android Auto is not working properly after its connection, please check below.
- Checks if there is an error in your mobile phone's APP settings.
- Checks if your mobile phone is running Android Auto.
- Checks the phone projection settings.
- If Android Auto does not work properly after reconnecting, please refer to the Android Auto web site. ()
- Please refer to the following websites to check the available countries for the Android Auto. ()
- By displaying the screen provided by the mobile phone on the infotainment system, the screen and function may be changed according to Google's policy.
- For more information, visit the Google website. ()
Precautions - Apple CarPlay
- When Apple CarPlay is connected, Bluetooth feature is not available.
- To use Bluetooth feature, disconnect the USB cable before using.
- If Apple CarPlay is not working properly after its connection, please check below.
- Checks if Apple CarPlay connection is blocked on iPhone APP settings.
- Checks the phone projection settings.
- If Apple CarPlay does not work properly after reconnecting, please refer to the Apple web site. ()
- Please refer to the following websites to check the available countries for the Apple web site. (http://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/)